Montag, 28. Juni 2010

Tataaa! The June project!

... it took some time, but now it´s done: This is the new baby crawl blanket for my friend´s daughter Emma.


It´s not my first baby blanket, but the first round one. It's diameter is 1,1om, so the baby has enough space for playing.

I must confess that I was a little nervous whether it would work out or become a complete mess. But the 24 pieces of fabric were surprisingly easy to sew. I only had to cut a lot of the seam allowance in the center, because it had too much volume and made a bump.
But I'm not quite satisfied with the bias tape at the edge. Somehow I have to improve my technique. It's so frustrating when you notice that the bias tape slipped and isn't attached properly at the back. Grrrr. I hate it. There must be a better way to do it.

In the center I embroidered Emma's name. This was my first letter embroidery, but it worked out well.



Last year I made my first baby blanket. It was simpler, but I want to show it to you too. As you can see, it was for Valentino, my godson. These are cotton appliqué letters on terry cloth.




The back is made of cotton fabric. I particularly like the rounded corners.



And for Valentinos brother Emilio I made some kind of owl monster with a cute star bottom. It's a little weird but I like it.




1 Kommentar:

  1. i love the round blancket.
    you not the only one whit that problem.

    nynke

    AntwortenLöschen