Sonntag, 26. Juni 2011

A delicate Portuguese scent...

... spread through our house yesterday. The reason were these little pasteis de nata - little pudding tartlets. Delicious.



You want to taste them? Here is the recipe but pleeeeaaaase forgive me for the bad bad english translation... I've never written an english recipe and it's really difficult, but I hope you understand it and can make these delicious tartlets :-) ):

Ingredients:

1 packet of puff pastry
1/2 l of milk
100 g of sugar
35 g of flour
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of butter
1 egg
5 egg yolks
1 packet of vanilla sugar
cinnamon

Unfreeze the puff pastry, put the single parts on top of each other and roll them out to a rectangle of 40 x 20 cm. Then roll up the pastry beginning at the short side and lay the pastry roll into the freezer to cool it down a little bit (do not freeze it again, it just has to become firm). Cut it into slices of 1 cm thickness and form little cups that you put into a muffin pan.

For the cream, cook the milk with the butter and when it's boiling add the sugar, the salt and the flour. Keep stiring it and boil it up. Then let it cool down a little before you add the egg, the yolks and the vanilla sugar and stir it again.

Fill the cream into the pastry cups and put it in the pre-heated oven (225°C - 250°C) for aprox. 10 minutes.

Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving if you like.

Bom apetite!

2 Kommentare:

  1. That sounds very appetising, will have to give it a try!
    One suggestion: in the ingredients maybe write "flour" rather than "fluor", you really got me wondering until I read the explanation where you spellt it right. I was about to ask you where I could find "fluor" :D

    Your tea-set is absolutely lovely! I am a big fan of tea pots (I own at least 7 to 10) but unfortunately I haven't got a matching set... yet ;) (in a few years when we will have more space).

    About to prepare my own post of the day!

    Have a good day

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. :-) Thanks for the correction!
    The tea set is a little one for only two persons but I like it a lot, too. ... but as you said: someday there will be more...

    Have a nice hot summer day :-)

    AntwortenLöschen