Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2011

Appliqué Skirt


It´s been a while now since the last post, but I needed some time to finish my new skirt. And tataaa! Here it is:






It's the pattern of my first skirt. (You can find it here.) It's the Burda pattern 7531. But this time I used a thick wool fabric. I liked the colour and it turns out that you can simply cut the seems without sewing. That's practical :-)

The skirt consists of four parts: Front, back, and two inner borders (also front and back). The zipper is on the left hand. After sewing the skirt I ironed the applications on to the wool fabric Therefore I used "Vliesofix". But I don't know if it's called the same in english. Afterwards I fixed it with a zig-zag stich. The appliqué fabric was a printed and knitted cotton fabric.  I just cut out the elements that I liked.

This is the front:





And this is the back:




After the sewing and application work came the part that took me really long: the embroidery. Most of it was done by hand but for some edges and the decorative stiching in between the applications I used the machine.

Although I would like to embroider some more ornaments I'm happy with the result already.
Here are some detail-pictures for you. (click to enlarge) As you can see it's a real mingle-mangle of stiches but I wanted it to look a bit messy... And I have to say it was great fun and a bit liberating to sew wild! This wasn't the last time for sure!







1 Kommentar:

  1. It looks amazing! Maybe I will try that in the summer :)

    AntwortenLöschen